OUR FORUMS ARE HOSTED ON EZBOARDS
NOTE: Our boards are MOVING! Due to pop-up adds and other disruptive issues with EZboards, Dragon's Gate staff has decided to move the our message boards to a new link. The old boards will remain for archiving and review. New Dgate Forum
For the past Ezboards ... Click here
Please read over our procedures and rules and then click the ACCEPT link at the BOTTOM of the page to be forwarded to our forum pages.
NEW PROCEDURE ...
Due to multiple posts by new members (not likely Dgate players) containing web links that set off viruses, we have enabled a procedure designed to prevent disruption from those outside of our community.
This step disables anyone from creating a new account and posting immediately without prior approval from our administration. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause players as they must wait a day or two to be able to post with a new EZBoard account. We felt it a necessary step to safeguard our community from virus attacks.
To set up an account please send the board host Tyviel'a firstname.lastname@example.org the name of your active character and your Ezboard account name you have chosen. You will need to register with Ezboards before your account can be set up.
Any questions can be sent to Tyviel'a email@example.com. We will continue to review the matter to determine the best course of action.
The Dragon's Gate EZboards ...
These boards are for your enjoyment, entertainment, and enlightenment. Below are some basic rules regarding posting within this forum. These rules apply to all message boards within
The Dragon's Gate Community Area.
POST REMOVALS happen when messages violate the policies established by the Dragon's Gate Community Area. Please note that if your message violates Dragon's Gate policies, it will be
removed. Repeated violations could result in loss of access to EZBoards. Every attempt will be made to send you an E-mail notification regarding the pulling of any of your posts. Those with their E-mail address listed as PRIVATE will not receive any warning and are still subject to having their Registration
Dragon's Gate Community Area will not allow:
1. OFFENSIVE OR HARASSING POSTS: Posts that harass, threaten, demean, embarrass, or do anything else to another member that is unwanted will be removed. If you disagree with someone, respond to the subject, not the person.
2. EXPLICIT, OBSCENE, AND VULGAR LANGUAGE: We do not condone the use of language of this type. We will remove any posts using words that can't be heard on standard television. The gratuitous and unwarranted use of vulgar, obscene or explicit language will result in the removal of your post.
3. BOARD DISRUPTION: There are a number of things which could be considered board disruption. These include either inadvertently or purposefully interfering with the normal flow of dialogue in a folder. Board disruption usually occurs with the emergence of 'off-topic' posts which, quite frequently, can get out of hand and infringe upon the enjoyment of members who are attempting to read and post messages that are pertinent and on-topic.
Some examples of board disruption might be:
• Harassing other members (flaming)
• Discussion of or complaints about Dragon's Gate policies
• Discussion of or complains about Dragon's Gate staffers/volunteers. This includes but is not limited to complaints about GM or Forum Staff actions.
If you have a problem with a member of the game staff email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For Board/forum staff issues you should email Tyviel'a email@example.com.
4. X-RATED GIFS/JPEGS & GRAPHICS FILES AND LINKS: We do not allow the posting or trading of explicit or X-rated GIFs on our boards. The distribution of some types of explicit images can be prohibited by law. Posts soliciting or offering such explicit or X-rated GIFs, or links to sites doing the same, will be *deleted* without notice!
5. CLASSIFIEDS AND COMMERCIAL OR SOLICITING POSTS: Dragon's Gate Community Area will not allow the posting of commercial or classified advertisements, or links to such sites.
6. SINGLE, NOT DUPLICATE POSTS: Do not post the same message more than once. Seeing the same message several times in different folders usually only serves to anger folks. Duplicate messages will be *deleted* without notice! By "duplicate", we mean the same message in a given folder numerous times and/or the same message in multiple folders.
7. PRIVATE E-MAIL/COMMUNICATIONS: Please do not post private e-mail or text from private conversations authored by someone else in public folders. It is generally regarded as a bit rude to publicly post something sent to you privately. Moderator's will pull any copies of private communication that are posted on public boards without the permission of the sender. (This includes any e-mail or communication that is exchanged between Dragon's Gate staff and members.)
8. COPYWRITTEN MATERIAL: Basically, you may not transmit material that is subject to any person or entity's rights, including copyright, without the express permission of the rights holder. If no specific restrictions apply directly or indirectly to a particular item, however, you may make a
reasonable number of copies provided that the copies are only for your personal use and that all proprietary-rights notices are reproduced unchanged.
9. SIGNATURES ON IC POSTS: Any post placed in any of the IC folders is required to have a signature from a valid, active character. Failure to sign IC posts can result in your post being pulled or edited.
• Please note that at this time, ANY and ALL IC posts that are not signed are going to be removed. You cannot rely on the EZ sign in to act as your signature – you MUST in some way make it known who posted the message.
• Your character MUST be a character in the game.
• Aliases are not allowed.
• Anonymous posts are not allowed.
• All IC posts have to have a valid character signature on them.
• If we can figure out who you are easily, your character’s signature will get added. If we can't, or if you are a habitual non-signer, we'll start pulling. Or in repeat cases, ban your account from posting.
10. ADMITTANCE OF VIOLATION OF POLICIES. Posts that make any sort of reference to occurrences of specific instances of cheating, abusing of bugs, AFK scripting, CC'ing, harassment or any other blatant policy violation will be removed and forwarded on to The GM's of Dragon's gate for further action. The public forum is not a place for discussion of issues that are by definition, to be handled by the staff.
THIS LIST MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE AND IS NOT MEANT TO BE AN ALL-INCLUSIVE LIST, BUT MERELY A GUIDELINE. PLEASE CHECK THIS DOCUMENT REGULARLY FOR THE MOST UPDATED DGATE
COMMUNITY AREA POSTING RULES.
THINGS THAT WILL ALWAYS GET YOUR POST PULLED ...
1. Excessive profanity. I reserve the right to change it to things like "darn tootin'," and "bull-hooey."
2. Links to inappropriate material, i.e. pornography, racist websites, etc. Use your best judgment. If you wouldn't want your 13-year-old daughter to see it, don't post it.
3. Personal attacks.
4. Personal matters. This means if you have a problem or complaint that stemmed from IG activities (PC or Staff), do not post about it. Send everything like this to the lead GM Gia.
5. Mechanics discussions.
6. Anonymous IC posts, IC posts by a character that does not exist in game, or IC posts that disrupt the IC environment, (OOC references, explaining IC things in an OOC manner, etc.) Limit your IC signatures to characters in your own account.
7. Spam. When we get spam posts advertising something, I highly encourage you to IGNORE the spammer and NOT CLICK on any links.